Abstract submissions are close and abstract notifications will be sent by April 21, 2017. If you have questions about your abstract, please contact: Abstracts@scct.org.
The SCCT2017 Annual Scientific Meeting welcomes submission of abstracts for original contribution to the field in the following formats:
- Oral Presentation: A seven to eight minute presentation with two to three minutes for discussion.
- Poster: A 4’ X 4’ poster attached to the poster board, no audiovisual, or any equipment requiring power.
- NEW! ePosters: All accepted abstracts will have the option of uploading an ePoster in addition to an oral or poster presentation.
- NEW! Rapid Fire ePoster Presentations: The abstract selection committee will designate some abstracts to be presented in a Rapid Fire ePoster Presentation format during the standard poster presentations.
- NEW! Educational Exhibit Posters: This new abstract type is designed to teach or review imaging signs, pathologic correlations, procedures, techniques, treatments, and interventions or other aspects related to the practice of imaging.
Presenters of accepted abstracts are expected to register for and attend SCCT2017. All accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement of the Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (JCCT), with the exception of Education Exhibit Abstracts, and be eligible to win the following awards:
- SCCT Best Abstract Awards: Judges will review all poster and oral abstract presentations and select winners in categories of clinical and technical research. All entries will be automatically considered for best abstract award.
- Toshiba Young Investigator Awards (YIA): Sponsored by an educational grant from Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc, this award is open to those who are within 5 years of completing a training program. The YIA award requires special entry requirements and additional information beyond the regular abstract submissions. Five finalists will be selected and two winners will be recognized. Further information will be forthcoming.
- Siemens Outstanding Academic Research Awards (SOAR): Sponsored by SIEMENS Healthineers, this award is eligible to all submitting abstracts. The SOAR award requires special entry requirements and additional information beyond the regular abstract submissions. Six finalists will be selected one winning finalist and a runner up finalist will be recognized.
- UK Presents Best Abstract Award: Research from the United Kingdom will be highlighted during a special UK PRESENTS session and an award will be given to one abstract from the collection. All entries from the UK will automatically be considered for best abstract award.
PLEASE NOTE: All presenters are required to register for the meeting and pay the appropriate registration fee. Abstracts will be presented by oral or poster format, at the discretion of the Annual Scientific Program Committee. If you prefer to present your abstract by poster format only, please indicate that at the time of abstract submission. Once abstract are placed in sessions, requests to change formats will not be accepted.
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-766-1706.