The moment is now for cardiovascular CT: Invest in our future
Amidst a strong and growing body of evidence that highlights the superiority of cardiovascular CT as a frontline test, we know our members still experience challenges in ensuring patients have access to it.
Over the past 13 years, SCCT and our members have had many successes in educating payers and policymakers and achieving coverage for cardiovascular CT — but we still have much to do to increase coverage and reimbursement, remove preauthorization requirements and generally reduce barriers.
The Society is embarking on a focused push to significantly grow the field and position cardiac CT/coronary CTA as a cost-effective technology with significant benefit to patients.
We need your help to do this.
The solution: the SCCT Capacity-building Campaign
The Capacity-building Campaign will raise $500,000 over the next three years through contributions from individual members and industry partners.
SCCT will invest campaign donations in building our capacity to move the field to the next level:
- Grow and position cardiovascular CT as a frontline test where appropriate in the U.S. and overseas
- Expand coverage for cardiovascular CT in the U.S., and in particular obtain coverage for coronary artery calcium testing
- Strategically increase reimbursement for all cardiovascular CT codes
- Commission research to support effective use of cardiovascular CT
- Create and distribute resources and tools for policymakers, patients and others to help them understand the value of cardiovascular CT
- Invest in personnel and organizational collaborations to scale up our efforts and effectiveness