- Annual Meeting
|JCCT call for editor-in-chief applications|
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 25, 2019
The Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (JCCT) is SCCT’s bi-monthly, peer-reviewed journal that integrates the international cardiovascular CT community, including cardiologists, radiologists, basic to clinical academic researchers, private practitioners, engineers, allied professionals, industry and trainees. JCCT advances the field of cardiovascular CT by publishing seminal work in print and online. JCCT receives approximately 400 submissions per year and is published by Elsevier. See JCCT Aims and Scope for details.
SCCT invites applications for the position of editor-in-chief to serve a five-year term, beginning January 1, 2020.
See JCCT EIC Responsibilities for complete position information.
· Must be an SCCT member
· Have at least three years’ experience in a senior journal editorial position
· Have widely recognized expertise in the field of cardiovascular CT
· Must comply with SCCT’s Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure policies, and provide written, signed disclosures of the existence of relevant financial relationships with industry on an annual basis for public release.
· Will not hold primary employment in the for-profit/commercial healthcare industry or any other industry where there may be a potential conflict of interest in relation to the content of the journal.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will email a letter of interest and a current CV to SCCT Executive Direction Joanne Olson (email@example.com) by Monday, Nov. 25, 2019. The letter of interest should be no more than three pages and include:
• A brief vision statement for JCCT
• Ideas for creating a wider reach, increasing submissions and enlarging the audience for JCCT
• Views on collaboration between the EIC, the Society and the publisher
• A brief description of any responsibilities/commitments/leadership roles/financial or ownership involvement that might constitute a conflict or duality of interest with the EIC role, and how the applicant plans to manage the time commitment.
Applications will be reviewed in confidence by the SCCT Executive Committee. The EC may conduct interviews with shortlisted candidates and will recommend a final candidate to the SCCT Board of Directors in December 2019.