Founded in 2005, the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) is the international professional society devoted exclusively to cardiovascular computed tomography (CCT), with members from over 60 countries. SCCT is a community of physicians, scientists and technologists advocating for research, education and clinical excellence in the use of CCT.
The Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography is a professional medical membership organization that addresses all issues pertaining to the field of cardiovascular computed tomography. The mission of SCCT will be to:
- Foster optimal clinical effectiveness of cardiovascular CT through professional education, establishment of standards for quality assurance and professional training, and development of evidence-based guidelines for its use to enhance patient care and improve the quality of cardiovascular medical practice
- Ensure state-of-the-art application of cardiovascular CT through training and accreditation
- Support coordinated research efforts to promote further development and applications of cardiovascular CT, and to investigate accuracy, effectiveness, and cost-effectiveness in cardiovascular diagnosis
- Serve as an advocate for cardiovascular CT in all interactions with the health care industry, medical policy development and reimbursement organizations
- Cultivate close working relationships with other related societies.