The FSCCT designation recognizes those SCCT members who show evidence of an ongoing interest and contribution in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases through cardiovascular computed tomography research, education and patient care, following completion of training.
Becoming a Fellow of SCCT will enhance your stature as a provider with your patients, as well as your peers. This designation further shows your extraordinary expertise and experience and your abiding commitment to providing the highest quality of care.
Fellowship is the ultimate recognition of achievement and the most acclaimed designation that SCCT offers its members.
- Use of the FSCCT designation on business cards, curriculum vitae and other professional documents.
- An FSCCT certificate to proudly display at your office.
- Your name listed on the SCCT website.
- Eligibility to serve in SCCT's premier volunteer positions.
- Recognition at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
Current SCCT Fellows
Candidates may apply through one of two tracks.
Clinical track requirements
Scientific track requirements
- A letter of recommendation.
- Have interpreted 300 cardiovascular CT cases
- Satisfaction of the case requirements can be met by providing copies of the patient logs or an attestation from an established practitioner group. The attestation may come from a colleagues or chief.
- Must have presented lectures or served as a planner for at least five cardiovascular CT specific conferences, lecture or educational events,
- Must have demonstrated significant service contributions to SCCT, such as:
- Served as faculty at the SCCT Annual Scientific Meeting or other SCCT educational activities.
- Served as an SCCT committee or task force member.
- Served as author on an official SCCT statement.
- A letter of recommendations
- Have published at least:
- A minimum of two original research papers (not case reports) as first-author.
- Ten peer-reviewed scientific or review papers on cardiovascular CT as a co-author,
- Five peer-reviewed papers as first author.
- Have presented at least five lectures related to cardiovascular CT.
Applications are reviewed by the Verification/FSCCT Committee. A responses will be provided within six weeks of receiving the application.