Todd C. Villines, MD, FSCCT
SCCT is the international professional society representing physicians, scientists and technologists advocating for research, education and clinical excellence in the use of cardiovascular computed tomography, for the benefit of improved patient care.
Membership includes cardiologists, radiologists, technologists and administrators from 52 countries around the world.
SCCT serves to:
- Foster optimal clinical effectiveness of cardiovascular CT (CCT)
- Ensure expert and appropriate application of CCT through training and accreditation for healthcare professionals
- Advocate for adequate coverage and reimbursement of CCT in interactions with health care industry, medical policy development and reimbursement organizations
- Support coordinated research efforts to promote further development and applications of CCT
- Cultivate close working relationships with other related societies
SCCT is working on behalf of patients to ensure access to cardiovascular computed tomography, the most accurate and cost-effective non-invasive diagnostic imaging test for the detection of coronary artery disease — the number one killer of men and women in this country.
415 Church St, NE
Vienna, VA 22180
Phone: 800-876-4195 or 703-766-1706
Fax: 888-849-1542 or 703-766-1265
SCCT developed the Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, a bi-monthly, peer-reviewed scientific journal that focuses primarily on original research as well as the clinical & technical aspects of CCT.
Each July, SCCT holds an Annual Scientific Meeting which provides up-to-date information on the technical principles, methods, clinical results, potential applications and limitations of CCT. The next meeting will take place July 6-9, 2017 in Washington, DC.
800-997-1261 or 703-766-1706