Board Review Course
8th Annual SCCT Comprehensive Board Review and Update of Cardiovascular CT
June 22-23, 2016
Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld® Orlando, FL
Update your knowledge base or prepare for the upcoming Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (CBCCT) certification or recertification exam, or the American College of Radiology Radiology Assessment and Review (ACR RADAR) exam with SCCT's two-day comprehensive Board Review and Update Course at SCCT2016 - the 11th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Register for the Board Review and Update Course online today and read the full course details below! The new format includes an expanded number of interactive question and answer presentations, new session content, and CME.
Click here to view the Board Review and Update of Cardiovascular CT Course schedule.
SCCT Members, please register by logging on to the membership portal. Then you may select the events you would like to register for.
Not a SCCT Member? Click here to join now.
SCCT Comprehensive Board Review and Update of Cardiovascular CT Full Details:
Wm. Guy Weigold, MD, FSCCT
Armin A. Zadeh, MD, PhD, FSCCT
Statement of Need
Physicians that wish to participate in a certified CT imaging center are required to demonstrate their knowledge of cardiac CT in the areas of appropriate radiation safety, the fundamentals of CT, how to select and prepare patients, appropriate image acquisition and protocols, how to reconstruct and report findings, identification of artifacts, as well as coronary, non-coronary non-cardiac, vascular and non-vascular anatomy and pathology prior to their certification. These physicians need to increase their knowledge of these areas and their competence in designing strategies to incorporate the appropriateness criteria and guidelines into their practices in order to provide for optimal patient care and safety while performing the most efficient and effective cardiac CT scans.
The 8th Annual SCCT Comprehensive Board Review and Update of Cardiovascular CT is designed to engage physicians and healthcare professionals interpreting cardiac CT in a comprehensive exploration of all aspects of cardiovascular CT principles, methodologies, and clinical practice. Didactic lectures, image-based case examples, reviews of the research literature in cardiovascular CT, and question and answer sessions are designed to increase the competency and performance of the physician up to a level established for the Certification Board of Cardiovascular CT Exam and the Cardiac CT Certificate of Advance Proficiency Examination.
The course includes an expanded number of interactive sessions that will focus on the "core" knowledge that every practitioner of cardiovascular CT is expected to know, across a wide range of topics, as determined by the examination board of the CBCCT and the ACR. Course highlights include an end-of-course exam simulates the testing environment, audience response question and answer that accompanies every lecture, and two dedicated imaging review sessions with an expanded question and answer format.
The Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Please note, these credits are pending approval. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful Completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 15.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC points.
This course features:
- Expert cardiology and radiology faculty who are 100% board certified in cardiovascular CT
- Comprehensive review of cardiovascular CT and preparation for board exams that covers CBCCT, ACR, and ABR exam blueprints
- Audience response question and answer accompanying every lecture
- Two dedicated imaging review sessions with an expanded question and answer format
- A post-course exam that simulates the testing environment
After participating in this activity, the participants should be better able to:
- Describe the principles of cardiovascular CT scanning, acquisition, and image reconstruction to colleagues and members of the cardiovascular CT team
- Discuss and implement protocols for decreasing radiation dose while maintaining diagnostic image quality to members of the cardiovascular CT team
- Understand the indications, contraindications, capabilities, and limitations of cardiovascular CT in the care of cardiovascular patients
- Discuss criteria with colleagues for appropriate selection of patients for cardiovascular CT Identify common pathology that is diagnosed by cardiovascular CT, and distinguish true
pathology from artifacts and pitfalls
- Understand the role of cardiovascular CT in the evaluation of chest pain and the treatment of valvular heart disease
- Describe new technologies that enhance conventional coronary CTA